Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kmart Coupon Doubling

So, I was crazy disappointed about couponing at Kmart. First, corporate Kmart told me all Colorado locations were participating, which was apparently not true. I called the Loveland location who told me they were participating - which was only partly true. Finally, when I arrived at the Loveland Kmart - which was 30 minutes away, toting my three kids with me, they were sold out of many of the products I was looking to purchase. I settled on: six Dove deodorants ($3.99 each), two bottles of Snuggle fabric softener ($3.49 each), two containers of Wet Ones wipes ($2.29 each) and one bottle of Cascade Rinsing Agent ($3.99). I had coupons for each of the items. The store policy was that they would double up to ten coupons per customer per day (strict - and Amy had no limit at her Kmart!) The coupons did not automatically double in the system since they weren't really a participating location. The cashier had to scan each coupon twice. They wouldn't double the Snuggle coupons since they had a no doubling restriction on them, and they tried couting the couopn for my rinse agent (which was for one free bottle) which I argued should not count since it was not being doubled. The manager was very irritated with me! She missed doubling one of my coupons, and when I pointed it out she wouldn't even look at me any more! I walked out of the store having spent $5.11 - not bad for everything I got, but leaving with a bad customer service experience makes me feel like it's not worth my time. That store had a max of ten cars in the parking lot - I'm sure half of them were for employees! It's no wonder they are all going out of business! I haven't decided whether I'll go back tomorrow for another batch of freebies. I guess I'll wait and see how I'm feeling in the morning!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh bummer! So sorry to hear that it didn't go smoothly. Sounds like you were completly in the right on everything. I'm proud of you for all your work, and savings! Maybe I'll get back on the band wagon. . .

Chris

Sara said...

Thanks Chris! You're one of the gals who inspired me to get started in the first place!

Unknown said...

Didn't you watch Rain Man?
"I'm gonna let ya' in on a little secret, Ray. K-Mart sucks."

Post a Comment